These Good Granola Bars are an easy recipe to throw together.
These Good Granola Bars are an easy recipe to throw together. You can substitute various nuts and seeds if you like. I find cacao nibs or dark chocolate bits are a great addition. For training, these bars are best wrapped individually then frozen as they can be a tad on the crumbly side.
1.5 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium/large bananas)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries (or golden raisins)
1 cup pepita seeds
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt or fine grain sea salt, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 130 degrees Celsius. Lightly grease a large rectangularbaking dish and line with a piece of baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana until smooth. Stir in the vanilla.
- Place the rolled oats into a food processor (or blender on the lowest speed) and pulse until the oats are coarsely chopped (but still with lots of texture). Stir oats into the banana mixture.
- Chop the walnuts and cranberries and stir these with the rest of the ingredients into the banana-oat mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Press down until compacted and smooth out with hands until even.
- Bake for 23-27 minutes until firm and lightly golden along the edge. Place dish on a cooling rack for 10 minutes then carefully slide a knife to loosen the ends and lift out. Place granola slab on a cooling rack.
Slice into bars once they are cool.